PC Annoyances: How to Fix the Most Annoying Things About Your Personal Computer, Windows, and More
In every PC user's life, there's a point when desperate measures must be taken. Some push their PC off a pier or chuck it into a landfill. Others turn their former computing ally into a planter box. But don't give up on your PC yet--help is at hand. This easy to read, accessible book from PC World expert Steve Bass covers the waterfront of PC gripes and gremlins, with fixes for everything from Windows glitches to browsers that won't browse. Each fix is served up in bite-sized portions for quick reading--and even quicker fixing. A revised version of its best-selling predecessor, the 2nd edition offers 50 additional pages and over 120 new fixed annoyances. This reader-friendly book tackles problems related to a wide-ranging number of topics:
- Windows--King of Annoyances! learn how to kick Windows in the rear, overcome glitches, take charge of the interface, live with the dreaded Service Pack 2
- Hardware--wake up your DSL, tame your notebook, silence your PC's fan, work wonders with your scanner, and save paper
- Email--from Outlook to Eudora! Defeat spam, avoid mailing list hassles, send big files, manage folders
- Microsoft Office--learn workarounds for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that help you back up the unbackable and automate data entry
- Internet--shake up IE, stop Flash, outsmart defaults, control Favorites, add the Google toolbar to Netscape
This revised version of the best-selling PC Annoyances covers the gamut of common PC gripes, including those related to Windows, hardware, email, Microsoft Office, and the Internet. It offers 50 additional pages of updated information guaranteed to get your system purring again. Ideal for PC users of all levels.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Brilliant Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: How to use CBT to improve your mind and your life (Brilliant Lifeskills)